What is a Bubble of Dependency?
A Bubble of Dependency is a man-made, self-constructed way of living in which you allow third parties–people, services, tools–to create a life that largely depends on them working for you.
Without aforementioned third parties, your life falls apart, and you are unable to function, in the worst version of a Bubble of Dependency.
Examples for third parties are:
* Gym membership
* Food delivery (regular usage)
* Hanging out with “your class” only
* Isolation from “regular” people
** taking Uber instead of public transporation
** staying in hotels instead of hostels
* Disconnection from your true to please “your class” people only
* Over-consumption of unproductive content and nutrient-poor food
(this document is work-in-progress; a draft)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!